With the avalanche of headphones in the market, it becomes difficult to narrow down to one best headphone. One of the smartphone accessories which is regarded as the Holy Grail is the headphone.
Needless to say, the world of headphone has undergone evolution almost at the speed of light. The plethora of technological innovation has eventually amped up the listening pleasure to the hilt.
Best Headphone Under 3000
SaleBestseller No. 1
SaleBestseller No. 2
SaleBestseller No. 3
All one should be looking for is a good return of investment in terms of clarity of sound, design and aesthetics and most importantly, the battery life in case of a wireless headphone – considering the wireless phone is in vogue.
In this article, the endeavour has been channelized to narrow down the best headphones picks under sub Rs. 3000 price point in India.
Fasten your seatbelt as something that will catch your attention from the curated list of top picks and leave you with a lasting impression.
Buy on Amazon
Skullcandy Uproar is an exquisitely designed headphone which will is available in various colour variants. If you are looking for true comfort, convenience and freedom by breaking the shackles from getting entangled in wire, then this headphone should be your pick.
This glitzy headphone features incredibly soft synthetic leather ear pillows which cover the ear for that immersive audio experience without taxing your ear.
- This headphone is compact and lightweight which makes life easy as you can carry it along wherever you go and is comfortable to use
- You can flaunt this stylish and premium headphone as a top-of-the-line fashion accessory and people are bound to take notice
- Act like a pro when with its onboard microphone/ control buttons you can accept calls, skip the ongoing track and jump to the next or adjust the volume
- It houses a 40 mm speaker driver with deep bass
- This headphone boasts of the onboard mic which is sharp and highly sensitive so much so that the recipient might think that you are sitting beside him/ her.
- It is powered by a lithium-polymer battery which has the potential to serve up to 10 hours of non-stop music once fully charged
- It features the proprietary supreme sound technology producing rich bass, natural vocals and precision audio for all genre types
- Though the material used is plastic so that it contributes to the lightweight form factor, some of the customers have voiced their dissatisfaction with the overall build quality of the headphone
- Prolonged and continuous usage for long hours lead to ear fatigue
Buy on Amazon
Sony MDR-XB450AP sports Neodymium dynamic drivers which coupled with the extra bass technology enables you to immerse in the abyss of the high-quality bass output – that will set you grooving! This headphone oozes a premium look though it is an entry-level offering from Sony. The in-line remote and microphone are integrated in the cable so that it makes it easy for effective hands-free calls.
- This headphone packs in 30 mm driver unit and notches an impedance rating of 24 Ohm which helps to sharpen the sound by articulating the highs and lows in the music
- The frequency response of this headphone is 5-22,000 Hz which translates to a wide frequency response range meaning it adds to the immersive audio experience by covering all the notes in the music so that you can indulge yourself in the ultimate listening pleasure
- For all music aficionados seeking extra bass look no further as this headphone is being powered by bass booster technology which helps in boost and augmenting the low-end sound frequencies
- This headphone comes with a swivel design which allows to keep the headphone flat and slip it in the bag while on the move
- It comes with a durable serrated cable which helps to keep it tangle-free and resists tangling
- To keep you engrossed in music for long, it comes fitted with pressure-relieving cushions that are gentle on your ears and keeps the earache at bay
- Bass needs to be tweaked at times when it becomes overpowering
- If you want to refine the sound levels or crank up the volume, you have to personalize your headset with an easy-to-use Android application.
- Some music fanatics have raised the concern of less treble
Buy on Amazon
The T460BT from the house of JBL is engineered to produce impressive sound by delivering rich and powerful bass – the magic of thumping bass JBL is known to render for the past 60 years and counting. This flat-foldable headphone produces JBL signature sound which gives you an invigorating musical experience by pumping in thumping bass response. Let’s dig in for more.
- The lightweight materials used for making these headphones help to keep away ear fatigue
- You can control music playback or answer calls on the move with control buttons and a microphone placed at the bottom of the earcup so that you can access the controls with ease
- It is powered by a lithium-ion battery which renders up to 11 hours of uninterrupted musical experience on a single full charge
- It has a pair of 32 mm drivers under the hood reproducing the rich JBL Pure Bass sound akin to the experience in big venues/ auditoriums
- Great value for money in the ballpark of under Rs.3000
- You can elevate your conversation with the belter of active noise cancellation packed in
- There is no aux-in port for a wired set-up
- The fit is slightly tighter putting stress on the ears
Buy on Amazon
If you are looking for superior sound and want to live with a high dose of bass, this durable Philips SHB3175BK headphone with its classic and sleek design and uber cool features is bound to rock you. For a wholesome audio experience, this headphone is unbeatable and worthy of every penny.
- Compact and Lightweight – thanks to the polycarbonate material used to construct this product
- You can fold the headphone in two ways – either flat fold or compact fold so that it can be stored easily
- The swivel ear shells coupled with adjustable headband makes it comfortable for everyone to wear for long hours
- It is equipped with a whopping 40 mm Neodymium speakers to amp up big bass for music enthusiasts who are thirsty for more bass
- The architecture under the hood produces ultra-low end frequencies that render the unique Philips Bass+ sound signature for impeccable listening pleasure
- The acoustics provided in this headphone is of the closed type which filters out ambient sound and noise to produce crystal clear sound
- You can easily crank up the volume or pick up a conversation with someone as the stellar button controls are placed on the right ear shell for easy reach
- You can enjoy up to 12 hours of playtime once you charge
- The built-in mic comes in handy for hands-free calls
- Charging is a tad slower
- The plasticky material is a bit accentuated and gives brittle vibes which is why one needs to be careful while folding up/ unfolding
Buy on Amazon
Oneindia A71 is an innovative headphone custom-built for game lovers. It is a versatile and multifunctional headphone built particularly for the demographic who loves to immerse while playing games and wants to plug in their ears with great sound to raise the bar for the gaming experience.
- The aesthetic appeal of this headphone is one of the best and exudes a stylish appearance
- Experience best in class experience when it comes to calling, gaming and listening to music
- It has 40 mm dual-diaphragm drivers that accentuate bass and high frequencies are vivid and distinct
- The in-line audio control houses a volume wheel and one-key mute button which will help you to conveniently adjust the volume and the microphone
- The leather finish super soft earpads give a comfy fit so that you can use for long hours
- It features 360° Adjustable Boom Mic which has the power to catapult into a professional headphone for gaming, communication and listening to music
- There is an innovation as well in the form of a jack lock system which is added on the stereo aux cable so that you don’t fret about the cable being dragged out of the headphone
- This headphone is designed in such a way that it can be easily folded and tucked away in a bag – thanks to its 90-degree swivel design which doubles up as a single-ear monitoring tool.
- This phone has this innovative daisy chain functionality wherein you can daisy chain all together as many of these headphones and share and enjoy the same music or movie together as there is a good old saying – “sharing is loving”
- There is no Bluetooth functionality in this headset which means that you need to wire up every time and anytime
- It is a bit bulky weighing at 440 grams – you feel that little load around your head bugging you
Buy on Amazon
Blaupunkt BH21 is an ergonomically designed over the ear headphone manufactured by the iconic German brand Blaupunkt – one of the pioneers in cutting edge audio technology. It is engineered for all-around audio performance. The striking element of this headphone is that it produces Hi-Fi sound which makes you re-discover sound.
- Blaupunkt BH21 has a salient in-built feature called “Equalizer mode” which helps to level up your listening pleasure by toggling between Blaupunkt Music and turbo Boost Modes. There is a dedicated button for switching between Blaupunkt Music Mode and Bass Boost mode. Each mode has its unique thing to deliver – the choice is yours – superior vocal clarity or enhanced extra bass topped with sublime music reproduction.
- The headphone has a big and powerful battery under its hood – one full charge lasts for one day – perfect for those ardent music lovers who love to bask in music all day long.
- In case the headphone runs out of battery, you are empowered with a 3.5 mm jack to switch to a wired setup to continue using the headphone. You can choose between wireless and wired mode depending on the battery strength of the headphone.
- It has a built-in microphone and controls
- This headphone features dual pairing which helps you to connect two mobile phones simultaneously – you can listen to your favourite music by being connected to one phone or accept calls on the other – all seamlessly
- The ultra-soft ear cushions elevate the comfort level so that you can wear them for long without causing any ear fatigue. In addition, the faux-leather foam adjustable headband ensures it stays firm on your head without slipping off
- The built-in 40 mm large-aperture driver sharpens sound with higher fidelity rendering an audio experience with great clarity
- It has the latest Bluetooth version which is 5.0 that helps to connect faster and establish stable connectivity with any Bluetooth enabled device
- Noise leakage is prominent
- The noise cancellation is a bit on the lower side
Buy on Amazon
If you are looking for a budget headphone with high performance – look no further. Behringer HPS5000 headphone will give you the quality sound you crave for. This headphone is designed and engineered in Germany.
The highs and lows are all pronounced and conspicuous no matter what kind of music or genre you are listening to. The Behringer HPS5000 headphone should be a good choice for all music aficionados and are sure to fit the budget.
- Experience exceptional sound reproduction
- Ergonomic headband design for a snug fit
- Ultimate in comfort even during extended hours of usage
- Impeccable sound quality with wide frequency response and enhanced bass
- They can be easily folded for easy carrying and storage and the cable can be detached
- The oval-shaped ear cup on either side accommodates high-efficiency cobalt capsules that produce thumping bass and crystal-clear highs
- One-sided coiled cable engineered from the oxygen-free copper wire that puts up a good resistance against tangling and renders long-lasting durability.
- These HPS5000 features 40mm cobalt capsules for wide frequency response and dynamic range taking the audio experience to a whole new level.
- The padded headband and earcups become indispensable during prolonged usage.
- 40-mm diameter driver renders truly exceptional, high-resolution sound reproduction
- The over-the-ear design of the earcups also helps to cut off external noise.
- On prolonged usage, it fires up the heat around the ear lobes causing discomfort
- Fitment is an issue as for some customers it doesn’t snugly fit
Buy on Amazon
The Pro Audio K92 manufactured by AKG is a budget wired headphone competitively priced under Rs.3000 producing an enthralling surround sound experience. The K92 headphones’ closed-back design in such a way that it blocks audio leakage and delivers crisp sound to your ears only.
- High-performance headphones with golden accents coupled with metal construction and replaceable earpads make it a great buy
- Courtesy of the 40 mm driver, the experience of listening to music is top-notch as it highlights and exposes every subtle detail and nuances to deliver mesmerizing sound
- Earpads are breathable and lightweight making the audio experience comfortable
- The K92s features a low-impedance design for compatibility with a wide range of devices
- The headband on this headphone can be easily adjustable and has the right dose of cushion to ensure the extended hours of usage is a breeze
- It boasts of innovative design that gives you the liberty to turn your head in any direction without letting sound proliferate in or seep out.
- Ideal for detecting vocals or tracking a subtle bass line
- There is no microphone integrated in the device
Buy on Amazon
Boat Rockerz 600 is a smart wireless headphone with Alexa built-in. The new Rockerz 600 is equipped with a 450 mAh battery to give extended hours of playtime. It promises crystal clear wireless transmission in true HD sound. Redefine your style statement with one of these headphones to turn heads around.
- It features super extra bass technology delivering prominent clear bass sound
- The control panel is integrated into the ear cup with easy tap control which helps you to pause/play, change tracks, adjust the volume and even accept calls with a simple tap of the ear cup
- Rockerz 600 is a lightweight and foldable headphone that can be carried and stowed
- It is capable to play up to 20 hours of non-stop music once it is fully charged
- The ear cushions provided look luxurious and gives a comfortable snug fit
- The headphone is empowered with passive noise cancellation
- Lags while watching YouTube and playing games when the wireless mode is used
Buy on Amazon
The elegant-looking CLAW SM50 delivers powerful and accurate sound quality. The over-ear headphone architecture has been sculpted to optimize portability.
- It features breathable ear pads which cut off the ambient noise and render great noise isolation
- The headphone has 50 mm Neodymium drivers that produce a powerful and distinct sound
- It houses high-quality aluminum and iron boron magnets bundled with a thin composite diaphragm to deliver sound that is free from any distortion
- The port where the headphone is plugged in has an integrated twist-lock system which guarantees a stable and secure connection
- This headphone can be folded and earcups can swivel up to 90° allowing one ear monitoring like a pro
- The well-padded headband can be adjusted at 7 levels giving you enhanced flexibility to render a perfect fit for all head sizes
- Includes 2 interchangeable cables so depending on your usage – you can either use the 3-meter coiled cable or the 1.2-meter straight cable with mic and in-line controls
- It weighs 260 grams which makes it a little weighty
What are the attributes you should consider before buying a headphone?
As always, you need to pay heed to certain attributes that deserve your attention before you zero in on the headphone.
Here’s a little scoop on the headphone buying guide that should help you out before you own one.
Comfort, Fit & Weight
It is of paramount importance to weigh your options in terms of finding the headphone that is comfortable during long hours of usage.
Earcups made from memory foam is recommended to provide you with the best comfort as it contours with the shape of the ear.
A leatherette material or leather should cover the memory foam to avoid any discomfort during extended hours of usage
If you are sensitive to the load on your head and ear, you need to pay heed to the weight of the headphone.
The driver is the one responsible for the sound generation. As a cardinal rule, the larger the driver, the better is the sound experience.
Headphone having lower than 85 dB/mW should not be considered.
Most headphones support 20 Hz – 20000 Hz frequency response. If you love more bass, then you need to buy a headphone that can support wider than the usual frequency response range.
Most wireless headphones run on a battery. You need to opt for one that serves the entire duration of your planned usage. Another thing to consider here is charging time.
Will an expensive headphone sound better?
Not necessarily. It is a myth that expensive headphones deliver the ultimate audio experience. On the contrary, not all inexpensive headphones should be considered worthless. The audio experience depends on various factors and not the price tag alone.
What are the advantages of using headphones?
- Headphones allow a much greater immersive audio experience that transcends other audio experiences because they filter out the outside noise and any ambient distractions
- Better audio experience. …
- The Ability to Focus
- Easy to Use
What are the broad checkpoints to ensure the headphone have a good bass?
- The average frequency range should be between 20 – 20,000 Hz which is considered good enough for music.
- The drivers in your headphones should be in the range of 40mm to 50mm. The larger the driver, the bigger is the sound
- Headphone sensitivity – the sensitivity level of the headphone also decides the bass output pumped out by the headphone
What are the types of headphone based on the fit?
- In-ear: Fits inside your ear
- On-ear: Hovers on the outer ear without covering it completely
- Over-ear: Covers the entire ear completely
Well, that’s the list of best headphones in the sub-3000 category in India handpicked for you which will help you to narrow down and choose the best of the best as we have bought the best for you. We believe that this breakdown of the best headphones will help you in selecting the best one for you!