If you’re an audiophile who listens to a lot of heavy-bass genres like jazz, rock, hip-hop, or dubstep, then you likely want a headphone that can add an extra solid punch and thumb to your music that complete your listening experience. Although a lot of headphones are Bass-heavy, it’s very crucial to find the headphones that are balanced enough to sound profile and maintain the details in the mix so your music doesn’t sound so muffled.
Best Bass Headphones For Music
Most of us choose headphones by particular brands, specific drivers, or the comfort level they provide and the connectivity Bluetooth headphones offer. But, we can all agree that rich sound quality, ability to feel that bass and highs without breaking the bank is the things we want and expect from our headphones.
So, after extensive research, we’ve put forward some of the best bass headphones that are affordable, and you won’t regret buying. Here are some of our recommendations for some of the best Bass headphones for music.
boAt 450 is a very lightweight and ergonomically designed headphone. It provides the best User experience with its comfy padded ear cushions and smoothly finished design. The earcups of this headphone are adaptive that it fits any size ear and head. The integrated controls on the earcups let you control your music, change volume, or activate the voice assistant, hence making your life easier.
boAt rockerz 450 headphone’s 40mm dynamic drivers pump out supreme high-quality HD audio and bass all day long. It comes with a 300 mAh massive battery that is capable of pg, giving up to 8 hours of consistent music. It takes less than 2 hours to completely charge. You will get a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Deep Bass
- 300 mAh Battery, 8 hours of backup
- Lightweight design
- Easy Control access
- Bluetooth+AUX connectivity
- 1-year warranty
- Noise cancellation is average
- Bluetooth version of outdated, i.e., v4.2
Zebronics Zeb-Thunder headphones are the all-in-one solution for all of your music needs. It is a beast of a product. It fits its EQR mantra, i.e., excellence, Quality, and Reliability. It comes with a 40mm driver that ensures a wider frequency response and produces a good bass effect with a very crisp sound quality. It comes with soft ear cups, and its battery lasts for about 9 hours under the optimal situation.
That means you’re all set for the day once you charge it fully. It has a very smooth design and soft and comfortable earcups are given. Its headband is adjustable and you will love the sound quality it provides. The good thing is that it also has a call function and a built-in FM.
- Excellent sound quality
- It has comfortable large earcups
- Built-in FM radio, calling support, and FM radio
- 9 hours of playback time
- Comes with AUX-in port
- The length of it’s charging cable is very short
JBL is one of the most recognized brands for its best quality headphones and sound system. JBL T460BT, as per its name, produces deep bass with high and clear lows. It is a foldable, lightweight, and very comfortable headphone. Sound quality can’t be questioned as it has JBL’s crystal clear sound quality. It comes with 32mm custom JBL drivers that’ll give you a very powerful bass with a high-quality sound. Also, it gives you 11 hours of playtime, which is enough to spend the rest of the day listening to music.
It has 11 hours of battery life and it is foldable too. Comes with a built-in mic, this unit is perfect for streamers. Its built-in controls are very user friendly and you will get a deep bass effect and adds extra thump to your music.
- It is a foldable headphone
- It comes in 3 different trendy colors such as black, blue or white
- It has a battery life of 11 hours.
- Music control on earcups.
- 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- It doesn’t have an AUX-in port.
- Noise cancellation is average.
- No voice assistant support.
Here’s another budget-friendly JBL headphone that comes with supreme quality sound. JBL has launched a series called Glide for deep bass. JBL Glide 500 comes with dual-equalizer modes for both normal and deep bass outputs and also precise notes. It’s capable of delivering a very massive bass with deep highs and crystal clear lows. Everything that a bass lover asks for. Glide 500 Headphone is made up of PP material, which is initially optimized for style and convenience. It comes with a 2000mAh battery that delivers up to 20 hours of playtime. Additionally, you can charge it within less than 2 hours.
So, that means, from now on, you can enjoy the playlist seamlessly. It has dual equalizer modes with a lightweight, flat, and foldable design. The frequency ranges from 20Hz-20kHz and wireless Bluetooth streaming is available. To increase its functionality, a hands-free calling option is given. With this model, you will get 20 hours of playtime and it also charges faster.
- Earcups with soft cushions
- 1-year warranty
- Voice assistant support
- HD Audio Quality
- Wireless BT streaming available
- Average Noise cancellation
We all know that Xiaomi is famous for offering plenty of awesome features at a very affordable price, and this headphone is available under 2000Rs. As the name suggests, this headphone’s 40mm high performing dynamic drivers will give you a powerful thumping bass effect and a crystal clear sound. The output is deep and very impactful. Further, for people who listen to their favorite tracks for hours, the soft, pressureless cushiony muffs of this headphone will minimize your ear-pain issue and enchases the user experience.
This headphone is powered with 20 hours of long-lasting battery that is sufficient to play 300 songs without a break. Soft and pressure-free ear muffs provide a better experience. The Advanced BT v5.0 is very powerful and the AUX-in port included in the headphone makes it multi-functional. It comes with advanced Bluetooth v5.0 along with the multi-connectivity feature.
- The super-powerful bass sound
- Long-lasting 20 hours of battery life
- It has an adjustable headband
- Its plastic is very strong
- It’s compatible with all devices
- Voice control and voice assistant feature included
- You cannot charge this headphone with a power bank
Sony is recognized as one of the leading companies in the field of electronics. Some of their products are quite expensive, but their quality will be quite fantastic. Sony MDR-XB650BT is one such product that gives you some extra bass quality. Sony’s innovative bass booster technology produces a punchy deep bass and superior sound isolation. You can clearly hear the high and clear lows in this headphone. To ensure the extra bass, it comes with a 30mm neodymium driver.
It has an adjustable headband well optimized for the bass playback, and it withstands the vibrations caused by the bass notes. It’s charging time is economical, and you can expect 30 hours of playtime after having a full charge. It has an extra bass effect with a deep and punchy sound and the battery lasts for 30 hours. Its microphone has a hands-free calling feature and it is specially optimized for bass delivery. 30mm neodymium driver for punchy bass is given and the smart button controls make it easy to use.
- Portable earcups
- Compact and lightweight design
- Up to 30 hours of battery
- Adjustable headband
- It’s button controls are very user friendly
- Bluetooth and NFC connection
- Its noise cancellation feature is below average
- Quite Expensive
As the name suggests, this headphone is just made for producing heavy bass sound, with XB standing for Extra Bass. This headphone has been around for years now. It comes with neodymium magnets that cover a wide range of frequencies, ranging from 5 kHz to 22 kHz. It manages to deliver a loud and light bass while maintaining highs and clear lows.
These headphones don’t just sound good but also look good. It’s lightweight and comes with a modern-looking design, and has a metallic expandable headband and matte finish over the earcups. In this model, you will get a 30mm dynamic driver for extra bass effect and it also has an Omni-directional microphone. It features a portable swivel folding design and a 1-year manufacturer warranty is given.
- This headphone is Comfortable to wear for long hours and is durable
- Sound performance is balanced
- It features a sleek look
- Doesn’t give waterproof certification
MuveAcoustics Impulse MA-1500FB is a Lightweight and compact earphone delivering powerful audio and rich bass sounds. It gives a proper feel when you listen to the music while producing powerful, punchy bass effects with sharp vocals without any distortion. It also has an equal balance between the bass and treble. It has the vintage treated leather headband and you will get comfortable earcups that fit everyone. It has simple control buttons as well as hands-free functionality. You will get a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase and an AUX-in port is also included.
- Classic styling
- Easy to fold the headphone
- Produces clear and powerful audio
- Its Wire length is tangle-free
- In-line mic is ideal for answering phone calls
- The noise cancellation feature works well
- The full volume is not clear. There’s a slight noise that can be heard at its maximum sound capacity.
boAt Bassheads 900 allows you to enjoy the music with stunningly powerful bass at a very affordable price. This headphone has a sleek and compact design and comes with rotatable earcups that provide a flexible and comfortable fit for everyone. This headphone has 40mm neodymium drivers that cover a wide range of frequencies ranging from 20 to 20,000 Hz and gives a punchy bass effect.
Additionally, it has a 300mAh battery capacity that gives 8 hours of playback time and takes roughly aboit2.5 hours to charge fully. It comes with a durable and Tangle-free PVC cable along with an AUX cable. It’s designed for all 3.5mm supported devices and you will get a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- It’s very flexible and comfortable to wear
- Travel friendly
- The noise cancellation feature is active
- Don’t sound natural and miss high and lows more often
SkullCandy is well known for its best quality headphones, and they got something for everyone to satisfy. Skullcandy Crusher looks pretty stylish, and they come in matte black or a white-tan combination. Its earcups are so soft and come with a leather headband. These are very bass-oriented headphones. As Skullcandy’s market says, “Bass, you can feel” isn’t far from the truth. It is very bassy on its lowest setting and produces quite a clear sound. Even the bass-head will find its highest setting quite overwhelming.
Clearly, it lives up to the definition of bass overkill. Additionally, it has 40 hours of playback time once it’s charged fully. This model provides long-lasting 40 hours of playback time and it comes with Multi-functionality buttons. In this unit, you will also get the feature of Bluetooth pairing and call handling.
- Handles call very well
- Offers hours of untethered listening
- Produces powerful bass
- Produces clear sound
- Noise cancellation works quite well
- It is quite uncomfortable for larger heads
- The bass slider is overpowered
Buying Guide for Best Bass Headphones For Music
Types of Headphones
When buying headphones, it’s necessary to know the various types of headphones available in the market. Probably you’re familiar with some of these. In case you’re not, then keep reading. We will go through each style of headphones, reviewing its advantages and disadvantages and finding the one that suits you the best.
1- In-ear headphones
These are also known as the smallest headphones. It is often referred as earbuds or in-ears. The biggest advantages of buying these headphones are that these are very portable.
- Because of their small size and weight, It is very portable among all styles of headphones.
- These categories of headphones are likely to have outstanding Noise isolation as they are placed directly inside your ear.
- Earbuds are the more preferable headphones for outdoor and indoor work out. As it’s lightweight, it is great for exercise
- Sadly, Sound quality isn’t the strong suit of earbuds as larger headphones tend to produce more pleasing sounds. Bigger, the drivers normally mean better sound.
2- On-ear headphones
Well, moving up next, we get these On-ear headphones. Contrary to earbuds, these don’t go into your ear meatus, rather rest on top of your ear. In these headphones, the drivers are positioned right on your ear.
- These categories of headphones are somewhat portable. They are usually for the people who expect an escalation in sound quality.
- It consists of bigger batteries, i.e., it has better battery capacity and lasts many hours.
- It has better sound quality than earbuds. The larger drivers included in these headphones provide better sound quality.
- Uncomfortable to carry as they are not as transportable as earbuds
- It doesn’t have the finest noise isolation feature.
3- Over-ear headphones
Over-ear headphones are the huge of these three categories. Many of the famous headphones that you are familiar with barge into these categories.
- Due to its massive drivers in the earcups, these headphones produce the best sound.
- This category headphones are very comfortable to wear as larger earcups mean more load distribution. In addition, manufacturers add materials such as valous and memory foams to further give a better user experience.
- It has the biggest batteries that make them last a long time.
- These headphones are the hardest ones to carry
- The price of these headphones varies depending upon headphone features and quality. But they tend to be expensive as they produce the finest sound quality.
- Power can be an issue sometimes as high-end fee headphones might require an amp
4- Bluetooth Headphones
Bluetooth headphones are the most contentious headphones that captured the market attention in the year 2017. Today there is a high demand for Bluetooth earphones.
However Bluetooth adds up a different kind of pros and cons to your purchasing decision. So it’s worth knowing them.
- There is no issue of your headphones getting tangled as it has wireless capability.
- Its audio quality is better and crystal clear
- Adds up thumps and bass effects
- There might be an issue of interference in wireless signals. Nowadays, it’s becoming rare but still might happen.
- Generally, older headphones don’t support codecs such as aptX and LDAC, and newer ones don’t support older phones. Hence there can be an issue of compatibility.
- As you rely on the battery for the headphones, it can be quite a problem with truly wireless earphones that don’t offer AUX ports.
Things to Know
1- Frequency response
If you look at details of any audio device, then you will notice that its frequency is around 20-20kHz, which is a human’s average hearing capacity. So, any headphones that have a frequency response between 15Hz-25 kHz will give you a better sound.
2- Noise Isolation vs. Action noise cancellation
They sound similar, but noise cancellation and noise isolation are two different things. Noise isolation simply means that the device simply sits between your ears, thus blocking outside noise entering your ear. On the other hand, in Active noise cancellation, the small microphones in the headphones actively cancel out unwanted noise by producing opposite sign wave.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Bass Headphones?
Generally, as the term suggests, bass headphones are the headphones that emphasize the bass more than any other frequencies. This is achieved by adding some passive components in the signal path.
How to know if headphones have good bass?
- Check it’s frequency response level.
- Choose the large drivers of at least 40mm or higher.
- Measure DB sensitivity levels
- Take a look at bass boost levels.
- Know the driver types
Do you need really Enhanced bass headphones?
The answer to this question depends on several factors
1- Your favorite genre of music
Bass headphones are normally for the people who listen to a lot of hip hop, rap, jazz, dubstep. So ask yourself if you prefer these genres. If yes, then these headphones are suitable for you.
2- Ability to control the bass levels
Controlling bass levels on your headphones is really important because it can offer a pleasing and best-listening experience.
For example, if you’re listening at a volume and boost the bass somewhat, it will give the music more body. On the other hand, too much bass boost can muffle other frequencies in the music, so the song might lose its naturality.
Which headphones should I buy?
To make it easier for us to recommend you one, we want you to first set the budget and know for what you’re going to be using headphones ( portable or home use or both), know the source ( CD player, computer or mp3 player), and what genre of music you generally listen to.
With all this information, read this article and decide which headphones match your needs.
What’s so good about the headphones?
We would say that it is value for money. It doesn’t cost much to buy an amazing sounding headphone. In comparison, it can cost a lot for a speaker setup.
Is noise-canceling needed for headphones?
Noise-canceling headphones use extra electronics to remove the noise. But without a noise cancellation feature, your listening experience can be a little degrading. Hence to clearly hear the music, a noise cancellation feature is needed.
I hope this post gave you the insight to shop to upgrade your old headphones. All the above-recommended headphones are of the best quality and produce a supreme bass. You can purchase them as per your budget and choice. Although these headphones share some of the common features, sound quality and listening experience are different.
Also, wireless headphones are getting popular in the market these days, so it’s worth giving Bluetooth headphones a try. Even wired headphones offer a crystal clear sound quality at a lower price. Overall, these lists of headphones have features that might match your daily needs. So, just give these headphones a try before committing, and you’re done with your hunt to buy deep bass headphones.